Sunday, December 4, 2011

Week 24

Greetings! Wow! Elder Su and I are staying one more transfer! I've really come to love this place. I'm excited to stay here longer. Although I think Elder Su was excited to change things up a bit. But I think this will be a wonderful opportunity to strengthen our ward and our area. Winter hit us really hard, really fast. It was 29 degrees Celcius one day and then 13 the next. I guess it's about time -- It's already December! Wowsers! So Wang2 dx hasn't been baptized yet. We were going to wait a week or so because he has been drinking coffee to keep himself up in the mornings. But he should be well on his way, still. He just found out he can still drink Coke :P But he'll try to slowly not use that, too. He has a serious, serious case of depression. So he ends up saying some pretty weird stories, and it kinda scares the ward. But I think he'll be okay. He's a really great person, and his testimony is strong. This Sunday was really great. I felt the Spirit prompt me strongly that my answer to my question this week would be in the Book of Mormon. Lo and behold, it was! The next chapter I read was wonderful to answer my question and encourage me to do better. I really have learned to love the Book of Mormon. I'm grateful for its teachings and its guidance. The scripture I read was in 3 Nephi chapter 4. A simple story of how keeping our provisions high (Spiritual provisions of Scriptures, prayer, and church) as well has constant prayer for protection will allow us to recieve any situation with the "Strength of the Lord" (v10) This scripture really helped me. I know that these things are true. I spent more time on pictures today, so that's about all for this week! Stay warm, everyone! I'm praying for you! Good luck with Finals and everything. I know the Lord is with us in all we do! I love you, -Elder Liu

No comments:

Post a Comment