Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week 24

This week has been great. Especially the Zone conference that we had on Friday. We were trained by a lot of different companionships on different Fundamentals of Preach My Gospel. I feel that by learning the fundamentals, I am able to better focus on what can best help our investigators get the experiences they need to have a testimony of the Gospel. Recently we've been having a few investigators who ask really great questions, and seem like they really are interested in the things we share. We just hope we can provide the Spirit strong enough for them to be able to recognize the Truth. I have truly loved being in MiaoLi. The members here are so amazing. This place is amazing. The people here are amazing. Elder Su has been a wonderful companion, and I feel we improve every day in our unity and our teaching. I can't believe the transfer's already almost over! I started Phase two 2 days ago, and I'm really really excited! For learning Chinese, we have phase 1 through 3. Phase one is all gospel terms found in Preach My Gospel. Phase two is 1600+ random words that are more everyday stuff. It's already been a blast trying to apply the new words that I've learned. We have an investigator who is getting ready for baptism this coming week! A Brother Wang2 An1 Qi2 王安岐. He's been really great! Wang2 dx is the who found us at a Family Mart convenience store. He's had a few problems with the Word of Wisdom, but he's gotten over it pretty quickly. He really has seen a lot of miracles. He suffers from depression, and so he's needed to take pill to sleep and to get better. But he says that because of prayer, he doesn't need any pills anymore. He used to take 6+ pills a day, but he slowly got rid of them. It's been great to see his testimony grow extremely fast from his humble desire to change and be healed. He is married with one daughter. They're not too interested in the church yet, but we'll see. They don't oppose to his being baptized. He'll be having his baptism interview this Friday, and if all goes well, his baptism will happen this next week! Wow, this one kinda snuck up on me...But I am definitely not complaining. I think this is a great example of how the Lord prepares his people, not the missionaries. I feel I haven't really done anything. But I know the Spirit has lead us to each other to be able to help Brother Wang know that God loves him. It's been such a wonderful opportunity to work with him. For our Thanskgiving.....actually, I forgot it was Thanksgiving. But we had a Family Home Evening yesterday about thanksgiving, so I think that counts. Taiwan doesn't celebrate it, but some of the members still like it. We went around the circle and said what we were grateful for. I truly am grateful that the Lord has smoothly transitioned me to Taiwan. I know that it was his arrangement to send me to the only place I knew in Taiwan, Taipei, JinHua Ward. And then here in MiaoLi, where everyone loves everyone. It's been an amazing transition to be on a mission. Sorry, no time for pictures this week. I'll get them to you next week. I love you! -Elder Liu

No comments:

Post a Comment