Sunday, December 25, 2011

Week 26

Thank you for all your packages and your letters! I love them. You all know how to make a missionary happy :D This week has been really good. We've been...what's the english word? Ditched? Anyway, whatever it is. We've gotten a lot of it this week. A lot of people say they'll come but they never do. But we still were able to see miracles. We had an adventure going to ZaoQiao and Houlong this week. Each is about a 30 minute bike ride away. We had a lot of time on Saturday so we decided to visit the souls of those townships. We found a lot of potential investigators and that day we found 3 investigators. We really were lead to prepared people. It was amazing to see the Lord's mercy and guidance. These three were all willing to set baptismal dates as a goal to change their lives. I hope we can hang on to every single soul. Our investigators have been progressing really slowly recently. But it's okay. I know that they have their own pace and their own agency. I'm still grateful that they are still willing to meet with us, and willing to make small changes in their life because of our message. We have a wen1 dx that we've been meeting with recently. He's 30 years old, and he's a really great person. But he has a really special characteristic. He needs to fully understand everything he learns. So he'll ask a lot of questions until he gets the knowledge that he wants. He's meeting with us because he wants to get to know God more. We keep teaching the Book of Mormon and coming to church, but he wants to fully understand them before he does too much. So as of now, he won't come to church, and he'll read the Book of Mormon, but he won't pray about it. He feels that it is already true. I know he'll come around sooner or later. It'll just be a little longer of a process. We have another investigator who's 18, yang2 dx. He loves to talk, and he loves Christian stuff. But his parents might oppose him learning. So he sneaks out to meet with us. Hopefully his parents will be able to soften their hearts. He really is great. I think right now he just likes talking with us more than our message. But he still learns a lot and finds the stuff we share really interesting. We recently shared with him the Plan of Salvation. I think this helped him understand more about why we all love Christ so much, and that he has a lot that he can learn here. Our new district is wonderful! We have 4 Taiwanese and then 2 from Provo/Orem. Yay! Our mission is focusing on Chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel, Developing Christlike Attributes. This week we've been learning about Love, Charity, Virtue, and Knowledge. We did a super interesting role play as well. We had two companions demonstrate contacting on the street using their usual way to contact. But then we switched to me, where they said I was Christ, and I had to contact someone. It really changed my perspective on how I would go about preaching the Gospel. I really hope we can all live up to our role as a representatives of the Lord. For Chinese I'm studying "Phase 2", which are everyday words in alphabetical order. So I've been studying A-E words. It's fun to be able to start using some new stuff in my every day life. Wow, I can't believe Christmas is already coming up! I guess it's hard here because there isn't much of the change that I'm used to. There's no snow, and it's taken a while to get cold. And the only places that have decorations is 7-11 and McDonalds. I'm hoping Chinese New Year will make up for the lack of Christmas :P But I know that I have a wonderful opportunity to invite others to remember the life of Christ with me. Love, -Elder Liu P.S. We've been playing a card game by the same people who made Bang! and Dominion called Citadels. Pretty fun game. It's like Bang! and Dominion mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment