Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 19

Whoo! My first baptism! It's been amazing to be able to take someone throughout the entire baptismal process. And I know that's actually quite a lucky experience, too. A lot of times people will move before they can see their investigators baptized. Tang1 jm did wonderful. She bears her testimony every time with power and with sincerity. We had a musical number, where Elder Su played the piano, I played the guitar, and 4 members from Insitute sang "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus." I really love that song. I feel the Children's Hymns are so amazing. They're simpler in word, and more musically interesting as well. The day before the baptism, I read in Alma chapter 29:9-10, which talks about how his joy comes from finding the penitent who are willing to accept the words of Christ. I really have come to feel that taste of joy. And as I see the successes in missionary work, I really do feel that the Lord loves me. I'm reminded how merciful He is to all of us to give us all that we have. So my call this transfer is.....to STAY in MiaoLi! I'm so excited to be able to continue to build the friendships that I've already made here, including my companion, who is also staying. Elder Su's family came to visit him in MiaoLi. So no allowed, but there's not much we can do. We were at the church teaching a lesson when Elder Su started acting really frantic. And I couldn't get why. But then he said, "Elder....I think my family's here." This was when the lesson was about done, so we ended with a prayer and we went outside. And yes! His family was there. They said they didn't try to plan it out to see them, but they were going to drop off a package at the door. It was cool to be able to see his family. I'm sure it's a lot harder for him to be living so close to his home. Miao Li is right next to Taichung, which is where he lives. So he's really, really close to his house. Elder Su plays the Chinese flute! So I've been having some fun with it. :B Just so everyone knows, my address will be the same for sending me letters no matter where I move. So keep them coming :P Thanks everyone! I've been sick recently, but it's alright. Just a light headache and some sinuses blehs. Hopefully it'll be gone soon. I love you! -Elder Liu

No comments:

Post a Comment