Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 17

Hallo! Everything here is awesome! We finally got to hear General Conference this week, and it was great! Although, I had to hear the English talks through the Chinese dubbing, so I know I missed a lot of it by nature. But I still had a lot of spiritual experiences and answers to my prayers. I particularly loved President Eyring's talk about lessons from the Book of Mormon. I loved his story about giving his talk for that college. The Spirit was really strong as he talked about how he remembered the Prophets, Abinidi, Ammon, Alma. And how they, against the world around them, boldly and shamelessly shared their testimony of the Lord. I think that I can do better at this. I know that I can be more confident in the message that I share, because I know that it is true, and I don't have to fear the consequences. I was also especially pleased to hear Dad's voice over a couple talks. It was really fun to try to understand all that I could just by listening to Chinese, when I couldn't hear the English. Sister Tang1 is progressing amazingly. She has a wonderful humility and a desire to change. She's faced a lot of problems so far, but that's good. She's learning to use the Atonement in her life, and the amazing, inconceivable power that it holds. And she's using her faith to overcome these problems. I think of the statement in Preach My Gospel that says that "we will find great joy in repenting daily." I know that the Atonement can change lives, heal souls, and redeem all wrongs. We're hoping that she will be ready to be baptized for her goal, which is the last sunday of our transfer. I got a bunch of letters this week! Thank you all! Thanks especially to the Primary! I loved all your drawings. We've had a huge wave of investigators and people to remember. We've been working on our Area Books, which is just a big collection of records throughout that area. It's been amazing to see the blessings of records. Just like the Book of Mormon. There is a very special power in a well kept record of anything. It's really cool to be able to keep things organized and well kept. I love you! Love, -Elder Liu

No comments:

Post a Comment