Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 35

Hey! Our fireside for the 2nd branch went pretty good.Thank you for all who made the music possible. We played two songs at the fireside. One was "Did you Think to Pray" for violin and piano, and the second was a singing one called "The Maker's Touch". I played a cello part on viola, Elder Braithwaite played piano, and Sister Rosander sang. I think they all really liked it. It was fun to have some music rehearsals again. We had one investigator come, and the sisters had a billion. But it was a good activity, and it was good to see a lot more people from our branch and get to know them. I can't believe it's the last week of the transfer already. I really hope I don't move -- I want to get to know this place even more. It's really hard when you only meet your branch 6 times. Recently, as a mission, we've been learning about "1 minute messages". Basically you give your message in one minute.....yeah, that's simple. But it's really, really hard. Especially since in one minute you want to establish trust, get to know the person, fit a gospel message to their needs, and most important, let them feel the Spirit. It's been weird to get to my point really quick...and then not know what to do. Another way this has been a small trial for me is that it's a lot harder to be able to feel love for people if I don't spend the time to get to know them. But I know this way has been really great for me to use my time most effectively in finding those who really have interest to know more about this Gospel and are willing to act. I'll just need to find other ways to develop trust and love with those I talk to. Whaa! They sent out information on our new Mission President, coming in July. Their names are David Owen Day and Vicki Temple Butler Day. Well....it'll just be easier to copy/paste. I'll put the info at the end. I'm excited/nervous to get a new president soon. There might be a lot of change here. But just as I need to do with all things, I need to pray that this really is God's will. That's all I need to know. This week...has been harder. It really hit me when we were counting up our numbers this week. Of course numbers don't matter -- it's the people. But I noticed the only two investigators we found this week were for other areas. I feel like this week, we didn't contribute anything in our assigned area. But I know that because Elder Braithwaite and I did our best, then that's enough. Of course we still need to improve and to continue to grow. We can still improve in our diligence and obedience, such as always being on time, or getting out to work faster after an activity or something. But the Lord has a greater plan for us. Of course, we just learned in Zone Conference that finding is an act of faith, and sometimes needs to be tested. I know the Lord will let us feel of the blessings as we continually strive to faithfully and diligently do His work. Elder Braithwaite and I are doing just great. He makes up for a lot of my weaknesses and a lot of my forgetfulness. I'm really grateful to have a proactive, diligent junior companion for my first time being a senior companion. It is also nice to have a companion who I can relate to more, being from the same background of Utah and BYU. We have some investigators who are making some good progress. We finally got to meet with some college students who went back to their hometowns over winter break and are back now. We have about 3 investigators who are fully keeping their commitments, which is a big blessing. I will talk about them more next week. Thank you everyone for your wonderful support and love! I love you, -Elder Liu Our new Mission President: David Owen Day, 53, and Vicki Temple Butler Day, five children, Burgess Falls Ward, McMinnville Tennessee Stake. Brother Day serves as a counselor in a stake presidency and is a former stake clerk, stake mission president, bishop, gospel doctrine teacher, ward mission leader, elders quorum president, Young Men president and missionary in the Taiwan Taipei Mission. President and owner, Law Office of David Day, P.C. Born in Long Beach, Calif., to Robert Owen and Linda Sue Day. Sister Day serves as a counselor in a Relief Society presidency and as a stake Young Women camp director. She is a former seminary teacher, Young Women president, counselor in a Primary presidency, Sunday School teacher and Primary music leader. Born in Greenville, Miss., to James William and Virginia Millis Holmes Butler.

No comments:

Post a Comment