Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Week 14

Yeah! This place is so amazing! I absolutely love Miao Li -- it's city enough that you can have convenience, small in enough to get there fast, and beautiful enough to make you want to stay. The people are a lot different -- they have different problems. The hardest part is trying to have them change when they already think their life is fine. This week we've been on fire! Miao Li has been of a dead area in the past, but hopefully Elder Su and I can spark it up a little. This week we've gotten a high in investigators and lessons. I'm truly grateful for our success, not from anything that I've done, but from the Lord. He is so merciful in letting the willing and humble to guide his work. The farther I go, the more I know that my teaching needs work, my contacting needs works, and my testimony needs to be stronger. And better yet, it needs to be in Chinese. It's easy to get prideful with some success, but I need to remember that all good things come from Christ -- even my small successes in the mission field. Elder Su is truly amazing. He's from Taizhong, and he's already taught me a lot about sincerity and self improvement. We get along really well. We teach each other English and Chinese, so it works out really well. The members here are awesome, though there are few. We only have one ward in the entire Miao Li Qu (which is our whole area -- it's HUGE), but all the members are especially nice. There's one investigator that this area just picked up. His name is Tim Zhou. He's amazing! He's around 14 years old, but his fire and his determination to learn about God is baffling. He's so friendly, and so thoughtful. It's amazing to see such a young man be so passionate about learning. I really learn from his example. Love you all! THanks for your emails! -Elder Liu

No comments:

Post a Comment