Sunday, September 11, 2011

Week 13

Yay, my first ban1 jia1 tian1 (transfer, "move day") This week I'm going to the western city of Miao3 Li4! It's a huge area, and it's actually what Elder Hubrich started out in. People there speak Mandarin as well as Haka, so I'm excited to get to a new place and have a new companion. His name is Elder Su. He's from Taiwan, so I'll be sure to get a good and proper accent from him. Mail might get to me a little slower, so sorry if I reply to written mail for a while. You're all still welcome to email, though. I'll get those every week.

This week we did some babysitting for the brand new missionaries. Elder Hubrich and I got an Elder Braithwaite. He was great. His Chinese was surprisingly good. It's just crazy how that day seemed to be yesterday, but yet it seems like I've been on island forever. Introducing him also gave me that fire of how awesome missionary work is, too. I could see myself more happy and more willing to do the Lord's work. It was a real blessing for me to help him out.

It really is hard finding out you're moving to an area that you've fallen in love with. I think so far in JinHua I've learned to better cherish every moment. I really have made some wonderful friends here, but I feel I could have done better by making every action my best work. Time is short, and so everything should be like you really mean it.

Just recently we were fed by 2 people, a Brother Peng2 and a Brother Ye4. It was really a blessing to be able to just sit down and relax with a meal with a friend. The members here are really amazing. So willing to give of themselves.

This week just about every one of our lessons was about the Atonement. It was good not only for the investigators, but for me as well. I really want to gain a stronger testimony of the Atonement, because I know it is that act alone that I'm out here. There would be absolutely no reason to serve a mission without the wonderful news of the Atonement. The Gospel really is the "good word."

I've had a lot of miracles of with the "umm....sure, let's do it" feelings that the Spirit gives me. One of them was a pizza store owner that is actually really close to our house named Mr. Wu. He was really prepared to meet us. He said recently he's been looking for different truths to base his life on. He recently picked up the Bible, and has been trying to be happier with a more truth-filled life. My companion will have to keep up on him after I leave.
Thanks everyone! -Elder Liu

No comments:

Post a Comment